The Bloody Gladiator is simply called Gladiator by my friends and is a slight variation of the Bloody Mary. It replaces the tomato juice of the Mary with clamato juice (clam and tomato juice) for a twist. The clamato does make this a drink that not everyone will like as it is more of an acquired taste, but for those who can get beyond that, it makes a great brunch cocktail and another that should help alleviate hangover pains.
• 1 1/2 ounces vodka
• 4 ounces clamato juice
• 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
• Dash of Tabasco sauce
• Lime wedge
• Pepper to taste
• Celery salt
• Celery stalk for garnish
1. Rim a highball glass with the juice from the lime wedge and a combination of celery salt and salt.
2. Add the vodka and clamato juice.
3. Season with pepper, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces to taste.
4. Stir well.
5. Garnish with a celery stick.
6. Yield: 1 Cocktail